Sunday 27 March 2011

The "Big Dream" has begun!


Hi, we are Katie and Ted, owners of the Crow's Nest Cafe in Crow Head, Newfoundland.

First of all, I would like to inform you that I have never written a blog before. I am not that proficient with computers and so this sort of thing scares me a bit. For those wanting to blog....its not as hard as it might seem.

The reason for this blog is for both us and you. We want to document the progression of our newest adventure, the Crow's Nest Cafe. This is a cafe and eclectic gift and craft shop that we will be opening up this spring in Crow Head Newfoundland. Crow Head is home to The Long Point Lighthouse (one of Newfoundland's most popular tourist spots) and home to some of the most amazing hiking trails and breathtaking scenery that I have ever seen. The small town is situated close to Twillingate. I'm sure that through the course of this blog lots of interesting points will come up about the area where we are living!

To start this grand adventure off, let me tell you a bit about the beginnings of this adventure. Ted and I along with our dog (Iris) and cat (Griffin) came to Crow Head Newfoundland in September for a little holiday. Since then we have tossed the idea over and over in our heads until one day we thought "lets just work out some of the details and see whether it would be feasible". To make a long story short here we are, starting out on this adventure. A lot of it is unknown and scary but each step will get us closer to our goal. We just have to keep moving forward with a positive attitude.

Already, on the journey and during our first week here there have been quite a few noteworthy events. I think I will talk about them in the next post as I have already overwhelmed myself with getting this blog set up. I will leave you with a picture of us heading out on this adventure.


5 comments:

  1. Great idea Kates and Ted! I love the picture of the iceberg - wishing you all the best this week! Love Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, fantastic blog. Thanks for inviting us to keep up with your lives. I'm so excited for you and inspired in your "stepping out." Woooooooohah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, getting the blog up and running so quickly!! I'm proud of you :) I look forward to keeping up to speed with your adventures as things progress! I love the iceberg picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I can hardly wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful I've found you - all the best luck Cathia Finkel

    ReplyDelete